Monday, August 20, 2007

Martinipalooza IV: Review

I've already been chastised by the Austin Redhead for not taking enough pictures at Martinipalooza. So let me apologize up front. If anyone has pictures they would like posted, please send. I was way too busy drinking and hob-knobbing. Never have so many knobs been hobbed.

I'm not sure if it was the heat/humidity or the late arrival of a fatigued Jester, but this year's Martinipalooza was very subdued compared to last year. Although it was nice to see the return of Pokemon. Over the past year there's been more and more Jason and less and less Pokemon. The picture above is of him and Peach before he passed out in the beer room.
Random Thoughts cause I can't tie them all together in a unified theme:

  • Is it stranger that someone left their cologne in my kitchen or that there were several packets of Splenda strewn about my kitchen floor?
  • We're all getting old. It took me 15 minutes to clean my house. Come on people. We used to have blood and broken teeth at these parties.
  • If I do buy the Blarney Stone, Scott should bar tend since he seems to have a knack for creating drinks that get chicks drunk. And really, isn't that why we go to bars?
  • If someone has a good picture of Big Dave in his full Blues Brother attire I would like to post it.
  • Thanks to Abel for supplying the tunes. But Garth Brooks at a martini party?

B

2 comments:

jtingermany said...

What is wrong with you people? I leave for 18 months and you fool yourselves into some sham of dignity?

Perhaps if I bring back dirndls and lederhosen you can rediscover your inner Pokemon.

Michelle said...

Hear, hear, JT!
I leave for one year and this is what happens at Martinipalooza!?

If I knew how to post a photo in the comments section, I'd post the one from '06 when Steve and Matt, tongue-near-tongue, were in the kitchen. Oh, yes. I have the evidence!

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...