Monday, August 6, 2007

Junior's Right

The Ticket's Craig "Junior" Miller once declared August the worst month of them all. It is the hottest month. Or at least it is the month when the heat really gets to me. We've had it easy this year. But we should finally see our first 100° day this week.

But what really sucks about August is that it's when the shortening of the days becomes palpable. You see, today was the first time I could tell the days have gotten noticeably shorter. For the last couple of months I can leave my house right after Community Quick Hits (6:52pm) and take a 2 hour bike ride up the White Rock Trail and back and get home with some daylight left. But today, not so much.

1 comment:

magpie said...

Can I declare that the worst haircut?

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...