Sunday, August 26, 2007

Brunching Dallas: Bread Winners

Bread Winners is one of those places that I've been wanting to try for years but didn't want to fight through the douchey McKinney Ave crowd. Lucky for me there is a also one in Inwood Village. Here you only have to fight through the post church HP crowd with their stretched faces and big hats.

Since I had yet to show the Lovely Lidia my new Xterra (by the way does everyone know that she was the one that suggested it. Thank you baby jebus for Lidia), going to brunch kills two birds. Three, if you count the pigeon I ran over on Oak Lawn.

This was a first time for both of us and we each started off with an adult beverage. I got a rather mediocre Bloody Mary, she got a raspberry Bellini which was so good but so gay it made me want to blow the next guy I saw. Later, she ordered a peach Bellini, which was not as good.

For our main dish, we each got basically the same thing, scrambled eggs with cheese, chorizo, peppers, onions, salsa and jalapenos. I got mine in taco form, however. We thought we were getting differnt things, but what are you going to do?? We also split an order of banana bread french toast. The eggs were good but I was disappointed by the tortillas. This is basically a bakery. So what's with the packaged tortillas?? The Freedom Toasts was also good. But I should have ordered the plain French Toast -- perhaps on my next visit.

This place is definitely the shiznit for Sunday brunch. Lot's of choices and lots of good stuff. Be sure to try to get there before the religious types get out of Church.

B+

5560 W Lovers Ln, Dallas, TX 75209

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...