Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm Dumb

I'm in the tedious process of buying a new car. The 4Runner is dead and the S2000 is not practical for a semi-nation wide road trip I have planned. So the last step of buying a car just before you show up to the dealership, is get your trade-in washed.

I took the Honda down to the Mighty Fine on Greenville and Walnut Hill. After perusing the fine scents and automotive accouterments, I noticed my car was getting dowsed with 3 colors of liquids (so you know it's good) and headed over to the cashier. And it is at this point that I realized that I have left my wallet at home.

"Uhm. This is real embarrassing. But I've left my wallet at home. If I leave my phone, can I go get it and then pay when I get back?", I meekishly asked.

The cashier, thankfully, agreed, and I raced home. Well, not really since I didn't want to get pulled over without a license.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I've never heard you called "King Wally the Slim"...

I also have never heard you referred to as "King Wally the Exceptionally Bright"...

Though "King Wally aka the Crown Prince of Pop Culture" does have quite a ring to it.

Love,
TAFKATJ

swcook said...

OOOOH. I like the The CP of PC.

trent said...

What kind of car are you getting?

magpie said...

Awww...I'm sorry for your loss. Getting a new 4Runner?

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...