Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Walkabout 2012 Day 5: Salt Lake City to Boise

Note

  • I’m walking over to the Starbucks near my hotel in Salt Lake City and I start noticing it smells like the ocean.  How can that be?  We’re hundreds of miles inland.  Oh, right, SALT LAKE City.
  • I spent the first 20 minutes of the trip this day just trying to get on the highway.  I guess Mormons don’t believe in access roads or proper signage.
  • Easily the best meal of the trip was at Fork in downtown Boise.  Cheese board, flank steak with mashed potatoes and several glasses of Idaho wine.
  • I didn’t take any pictures in Salt Lake City.  It was just too smoky.  You could not see the mountains as seen in the picture below.  Seriously, you could kinda make out that there might be something over there like  shadow.  But nothing you could take a picture of.

1-salt-lake-city

 

Capture

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...