Monday, September 17, 2012

Walkabout 2012 Day 3: Colorado Springs to Grand Junction

 

Notes:

  • I’m so glad I decide to go through Aspen (where I’ve never been) instead of Montrose (where I have been before).  The white-knuckle drive through the Independence Pass was worth the price of admission.  Although I was panicking at the time.
  • Fucking Cowboys ruined my lunch in Aspen
  • Hearing a random Van Morrison deep cut on the radio outside of Aspen was very cool.
  • Grand Junction may have the worst TV news anchors ever.
  • Is it a law in Colorado Springs that everyone has to wear Northface/Columbia/REI gear no matter what they are doing?  Come on.  Not everyone is going for a hike/bike/ski always all the time.

 

Capture

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...