Sunday, September 16, 2012

Walkabout 2012 Day 2: Amarillo to Colorado Springs

Notes

  • A beautiful morning wasted in Amarillo.
  • My path to Colorado Springs follows the path taken home at the end of my first Walkabout.  I had wanted to see all those charming little towns in Colorado in the daylight.  Too bad they’re much more charming at 2 in the morning.
  • It’s been almost a decade since my last visit to Colorado Springs and two decades since my first visit.  And I have forgotten how beautiful this town is.
  • It is obligatory to consume Italian Nachos whenever I’m in  town with an Old Chicago (no longer in Dallas) as an homage to our old Wednesday Night Ultimate post pickup pizza place.  They are delicious, but something I can only do every five years.

 


View Larger Map

1 comment:

swcook said...

I didn't go in. But I believe they make donuts with a potato flour. I just thought the sign looked crazy retro. Much like all of Amarillo.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...