Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Walkabout 2012 Day 4: Grand Junction to Salt Lake City

 

Notes

  • Made a side trip to Arches National Park on my way to Salt Lake City.
  • I forgot to mention it in the previous blog entry, but it’s very dry in Colorado.  Humidity has been around 10%.
  • The day started out with some rain and very ominous clouds.  But by the time I got to Arches, there was nothing but blue sky.
  • Hiking most of the day in Arches made me wish I had not forgotten to bring my Nalgene.
  • Salt Lake City has an MLK Blvd.  Who knew?
  • It is very hazy/smoky in Utah.  Is it on fire?

 

Capture

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...