Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Walkabout 2012 Day 11: Wenatchee to Spokane

Notes

  • A few weeks ago I saw a documentary about the Grand Coulee Dam.  The only reason I drove the way I did today was because of that, I had to see it. 
  • I briefly considered skipping Spokane and heading straight into Montana.  I’m glad I didn’t.
  • Spokane appears to be a city that was preserved in amber in 1953.  I’m not sure they have a single building in their downtown built since then.
  • With that, I congratulate Spokane on preserving and “repurposing” their older buildings and not shitting away their history like some cities.  (Dallas)
  • Nice meal at Milford’s – extremely friendly service.  My only complaint is that there were three different sauces on my entrée.  What’s that all about?
  • The magic number is 5.  #beltregreatestrangerever
  • On to Glacier.  This is going to be awesome!

Capture

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...