Wednesday, March 11, 2009

File Under A for Awwwwwwwww

Today was Zoë's first experience with rain -- she's not a fan.

First let me describe our typical mornings. Upon being release for the dreaded crate, Zoë bolts to the back door with Alex and goes outside and pees. Then the dogs come back inside for a little play and attention from the King. I guess the sound of coffee dripping works on Zoë's bowels about as well as mine as after a few minutes back in the house -- while I'm making coffee -- it's time to go outside for to make a kiki.

Today, with the big rain coming down, it didn't quite work like that. With big sister Alex by her side, she negotiated the rain for her morning pee. But, minutes later when it was time to drop a deuce, was when trouble began.

While I'm in the kitchen making a cup of trigger juice, she barked to go outside again. I let her out and then she just stands outside by the door. So I let her back in and she plays with Alex for one minute. Then it's back to the back door for back door doody. Again I let her out. She goes out and stands at the door. Again I let her back in. This process repeats one more time.

She's a smart dog when she wants to be. So I imagine she thought, "Hey, I bet it's not raining out the front door." So she stood there and I let her out the front door to do her poo.

Hilarity ensued.

She stepped out and turned around in a circle once. You could tell she really needed to go. But it was still cold and, while it was not raining on her, there was rain in the vicinity. So, she stepped back inside, only to quickly go back outside and make another circle. This happened twice when nature got the best of her and she finally opened up the bomb bay doors and let fly on the leaves that constantly accumulate at my front door.

Mission Accomplished.


And yes I have started menstruating.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story has prompted me to consider whether to ask my parents about my own potty training episodes. Then upon reflection decided it fell outside the parent/child discussion realm.

trent said...

I was hioping it would happen inside the wallagio.

swcook said...

It always comes back to going to the bathroom where you shouldn't indoors, doesn't it Trent?

jtingermany said...

The cuteness was BARELY ameliorated by the use of the word "doody".

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...