Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So It's Come To This

No, not a Simpson's clip show.
After dragging my feet and feeling like less than a man (as if I'm even half a man to begin with), I finally filed for unemployment online. For the past two months I was sure that I would be getting a job "any day now". Well, that didn't exactly happen. Admittedly, I haven't exactly been beating down every door for a job. Shit, I barely make it out of bed most days. So I'm now a deadbeat and this pretty much confirms that I will be voting for Obama since I'm now in the Democratic constituency.

3 comments:

jtingermany said...

Too bad you don't live in the Vaterland -- you get 2 years of unemployment here. Plus they pay your rent, cell phone bill, internet, and give you money for a vacation each year. I sh!t you not.

swcook said...

Can I just move there and get those benefits or do I have to be an actual citizen?

jtingermany said...

just come for a visit, i'm sure they'll hook you up.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...