Monday, February 11, 2008

I Chose Poorly

My old Tivo had a DVD player/burner built in. So when I switched to the Dish Network DVR I was without a DVD player. I figured it would be time to hop on the HD bandwagon, but which technology -- HD DVD or Blu-Ray? Since traditionally the cheap/inferior technology wins the day (Beta/VHS, PC/Mac) I chose HD DVD.

I chose poorly.

The first palpable realization that I had made the wrong choice was when I learned that the Simpson Movie was BlueRay. Then I found out that season three of Lost was also BlueRay.

But the final nail in my HD DVD came today in the form of an email from Netflix.

As you may have heard, most of the major movie studios have recently decided to release their high-definition movies exclusively in the Blu-ray format. In order to provide the best selection of high-definition titles for our members, we have decided to go exclusively with Blu-ray as well.

So, does anyone want a usesless HD DVD player???

5 comments:

jtingermany said...

Nice! I go to post a comment and you add another post! I like the cut of your jib!

swcook said...

Thank you. As you know, I've spent a small fortune on jiboplasty.

jtingermany said...

Also, I love the 30 Rock nod on your South Park icon. You are blogworthy, my good man.

swcook said...

Thank you for noticing. I believe you are the first. I've only had it for a few days, though.

trent said...

I still have a Divx player that I bought from someone like you who gambled wrong on the technology. I will take a Nancy Drew, btw.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...