I've made this a half dozen times before. But I haven't made it since October and I was craving it this weekend. With the possible exception of my lasagna, this is the best thing I know how to cook. The meat comes out so tender it can practically chew itself. And the gravy is like a buttery onion soup. And the house smells so good for days. This is the perfect dish for a cool fall Sunday.
Monday, July 30, 2007
TSoS Test Kitchen: Guinness Braised Chuck Roast
I've made this a half dozen times before. But I haven't made it since October and I was craving it this weekend. With the possible exception of my lasagna, this is the best thing I know how to cook. The meat comes out so tender it can practically chew itself. And the gravy is like a buttery onion soup. And the house smells so good for days. This is the perfect dish for a cool fall Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen
Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...
-
High gas prices have me, like all Americans, mad. But I'm not mad because I have to pay more at the pump. As many of you know, I'm ...
-
Once again I find myself free from employment and in a mental state that I’m not that interested in perusing employment any time soon. Wit...
2 comments:
Dude. That looks really freakin' good. Seriously. Way better than Totinos.
It was (is) really freakin good. Especially with grilled asparagus and teriaki mashed potatoes. I'm gonna make someone a very good wife some day.
Post a Comment