Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Eating New Jersey: Sanducci's

I hope everyone is sitting down when they read this. But New Jersey has some great Italian food. You read it here first. And Sanducci's Trattoria is a perfect example of this excellense. Nothing really fancy. Just good Italian food. This was my first trip there and I was overwhelmed by delicious sounding choices on the menu. I eventually decided on the Chicken Valdostano -- kind of an Italian take on Chicken cordon bleu, only better. And for dessert I had one of the best tiramisus I've ever had. The only misstep was the crabcake appetizer with a mango chutney. It was ok. But I've had far better. I cannot wait to go back and try some of the half dozen items I had to pass on.

570 Kinderkamack Road, River Edge, NJ

1 comment:

kerryp said...

Service was HORRIBLE. The waitress was too busy flashing her KoolAid smile and walking the aisle as if it were her runway. I wouldve just settled chewing on rubber bands cause that's what the calamari tasted like. My bf and I waited about 25 mins for our entree to come. AND the waitress got my order wrong. How do you get "PENNE SALMON" mixed up with "ALMOND CRUSTED SALMON"?! The almost crusted salmon was brought to me and the waiter insisted for me to take it. I waited another 10 mins for the penne salmon. It was bland...it had NO taste. The penne salmon in Bahama Breeze (one of their top dishes) was and is excellent compared to this crap. The owner was a complete BITCH. Not only did she see the horrible service towards my bf and I, but she KNOWS my bf...and didn't even have the courtesy to apologize for the mix up. I will NEVER go back. The place itself is extremely cramped up as well. On another note, the bathroom is quite lovely. Thanks Sanducci's for a night of stomach pain, nausea, and indigestion =)

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...