Monday, July 23, 2007

Ugh

OK. That's it. I'm giving up the booze. I got so drunk on Saturday that I laid on the couch the whole of Sunday watching such Academy Award runners-up as Not Another Teen Movie and Who's Your Daddy. 200 channels on satellite and this was all there was???

And The Jester earned himself a special prize for being both the Angel and the Devil on my shoulder that night. He was good and wise enough to cab me home when it was apparent that the street I was wrestling with was not going to be choked out easily no matter how hard I tried. I've got some nice scrapes on my right knee and left elbow from it all. Never in 17 years of Ultimate have I ever had such nice layout badges of courage.

But then he comes back to my house to see how I'm doing. Observing that I had rallied and sobered up fairly quickly thanks to eLoad, he decided that there could be no better way to cap off a night of falling-down-drunkenness than than one-on-one beer pong. I'm not even sure we finished the last game because there are still 2 cups with beer on the table.

So I am hereby giving up drinking. I'm tired of the hangovers, the blahs, the just plain tiredness of it all. And one can still have fun without drinking, right? Right???

Oh, and for those interested, Martipalooza will be August 18.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mama is proud.

I actually felt pretty good Sunday morning considering the brutality of post 2:30 a.m. beerpong. By the way, we decided to call it quits in the fourth and final game with one cup aside left. I took the best "2 out of 3" series in the original match.

swcook said...

We played a fourth game???

Anonymous said...

Yup. We tried an experimental "straight in" rule that you couldn't comprehend.

Heh...I think that's also why your last girlfriend kicked you to the curb...

I kid...

Michelle said...

You two are cracking me up. Such bonding during late, drunken nights. Did The jester try to sneak his way into your bed again?
;-)

swcook said...

No. He was a perfect gentleman.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...