Saturday, December 22, 2007

Wally's Pale Ale



I'm not going to lie to you. I was pretty apprehensive about tasting my first attempt at home brewing. Over the years several people have brought their home brew out to Winter League and they have all been dreadful at best. But I had to nut up and find out just how much of a punishment my designated beer pong beer would be.




The first step of tasting any beer is to open the bottle. Unless it's not in a bottle. Luckily my beer was bottled and I was able to accomplish the first step. Upon opening, the beer smelled good. So that was reassuring.


Step 2: Pour the beer. There was very little head and only mild carbonation. I guess I should make a joke about liking a lot of head. But really, this is serious work here and I will not stoop to such juvenile levels of comedy.


Step 3: Taste. Oh my sweet clean baby Jebus -- this is actually good. And I don't mean passable, but actually good. Now I won't say it's great. But it is good enough that I have had at least one bottle each of the past two nights.

Step 4: Share. Even Kat thinks it's good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. This stuff is good. Real good.

jtingermany said...

there damn well better be some at byob thai for my birthday, dammit!

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...