Friday, December 7, 2007

I Know More About Wine Than You

One of the singularly great moments during my walkabout was sitting on the deck of the Three Rivers Grill, enjoying the cool dry clear beautiful Oregon day, looking out at the Columbia River Gorge and sipping one of Oregon's fine Pinot Noirs -- O'Reilly's. So nice was this wine that when I got home I got online and ordered several bottles. I only got them just before Thanksgiving since they would not ship unless it was less than 80° here in Dallas.
Today I'm thumbing through the October issue of Food and Wine (it had gotten lost in the pile of mail from said walkabout and I'm just now getting to it) there is a small blurb about quality cheap reds from Oregon. And guess what they mention. Go ahead, guess. That's right O'Reilly's Pinot Noir.

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...