Monday, December 10, 2007

More Acorns for the Rest of Them

I'm sitting on my couch, finishing up a technical quiz from a prospective employer, when I hear -- BOOM!!! And just as quickly all the lights, radio, WiFi network, heat, everything went out. On this dreary, cold day, my house went dark and silent. Clearly a transformer in my alley and exploded rendering my block as powerless as my ability to come up with a fitting metaphor.
Well, this was as good a time as any to head up to Bally's and work out. So I showered in the dark and headed out. And there, lying in my alley, was the very 3 dimensional squirrel that caused all this. I did the electroshock math, figuring that most of the dead squirrels in my alleyway are very 2-D.
When I got back, not only had the lights come back on, but the sad remains of the perpetrator were taken away. That TXU Energy is a full service power company.
BTW. This is not a picture of the squirrel. Since he was taken away before I got back I was unable to take a picture. This was just one of many picutres of dead squirrels I found on the internet. Good Times.

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...