Some of my resolutions I knocked out of the park and others I took a huge O-fer.
- Read 10 Books – Well I probably started at least 10 books, I just didn’t finish many. I used to read dozens of books a year. Now I’m not sure I read that many in a decade. Books I did read, In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks: . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy , The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine and The Sommelier Prep Course: An Introduction to the Wines, Beers, and Spirits of the World
- Attend 10 Shows – I’m pretty sure I achieved this one, or at least came close with the highlights including Roger Waters and Avenue Q.
- 10 Movies – I’m proud to say I have not seen one movie in a theater in 2010. I think that makes it official, I don’t like movies. The time commitment is to large and they seldom deliver anything close to entertainment.
- 10 New Restaurants – I probably did this in the Pac Northwest alone. Notable new restaurants include Elliot’s Oyster House in Seattle, Oceaniare and 560 in Dallas and Pok Pok and Farm Café in Portland.
- 10 New Dishes – this one was easy. Not only did I make at least 10 new dishes from recipes, I also started making things up I thought should work and also started smoking large hunks of meats thus requiring a 2011 purchase of a Big Green Egg.
- 10 Days Outside the US – nope. Didn’t make it to Vancouver or Montrael. I didn’t even make it to Paris Las Vegas. Fail!
- 10 Things Outside my Comfort Zone – semifail. I’m pretty sure I did a couple of things outside my comfort zone. Just nothing worth blogging about.
- 10 lbs per Quarter – probably a bit of an overreach. Probably lost 10 lbs for the year. So not a complete fail.
I think this is a good set of resolutions. So let’s try it again. But this year they go to 11. Except for movies. I’m going to try to go the entire decade without seeing a movie.