Saturday, June 7, 2008

Brush with Greatness

So I was shopping at the big Whole Foods on Preston and Forest when I saw an older gentleman eyeing the many tasty pastries they have there. I immediately recognized him as someone I should know. My first guess was some coach from my past, either PE or maybe even Coach Priddy, Arlington Heights High School's long time head football coach that once coached the great Turner Gil. But then it dawned on me.

Oh, It's Wade Phillips.

And yes, I'm being a bit liberal with the word "greatness".

1 comment:

jtingermany said...

I thought it was going to be Barry Switzer. So it was actually a pleasant surprise for me. like waking up in my bed on a sunday morning.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...