Thursday, September 20, 2007

Walkabout Day 14: Summary




Two weeks down, one to go -- Miss Kilgallen.



The desire to come home is starting to grow strong. But a fun weekend in Hood River should cure that.



Today's adventure took me to Mt. Saint Helens, where I had the reaction I thought I would have at the Grand Canyon. "OK. There it is. Let's go home." And this was exacerbated by the 2 hours of mostly mountain driving it took to get there -- and, of course, get back.



Quick Hits:
  • A wolf passed in front of my car going the MSH carrying some entrails in its mouth. Sadly, it all happened too quickly to catch a picture.
  • I also saw a chain gang digging a ditch. Yes, we have sunk to this. Quick hits about wolves and chain gang. John from Gustav's was right. Mt. St. Helens isn't that great.

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...