Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Eating Portland: Fish Grotto

Vanessa is up here on business and this place was recommended by someone in the office she's auditing. I'm sure the office will pass with flying color just from this recommendation.






Looking over the wine list I saw the Pinot Evil and giggled. So we got it and it was very good; and amazingly cheep. They must not do the 3x pricing here. I wonder if it was just this restaurant or all of Portland. If it's all of Portland then much wine will be sliding down my throat.




For an appetizer, we shared some prosciutto wrapped scallops on a bed of carmalized apples. We were a couple of bites in before we remembered to take a picture. Yeah, they were as good as they sound.




For my main course I got the hazelnut encrusted halibut with a lemon beurre blanc with garlic mashed potatoes and golded beets. Yes, I said golden beets. This continued my string of amazing seafood dinners in the Pacific Northwest. Everything was perfect. V had the Marrionberry Salmon which was a bit bland. The meal was over before we remember to take a picture. Sorry.



Finally we enjoyed their Grand Marnier creme brulee. They brought out three, I think, because we were the only ones in the restaurant. This was good, but not as much Grand Marnier flavor as I had hoped.




I really may need to adjust my grading up here. I don't want you guys to think I've gone all soft on you.

A

1035 SW Stark St Portland, OR 97205

1 comment:

jtingermany said...

Ok, so I whined about food pics a bit much. Next time, pre-meal or just give us pics of you chewing the food. That's action & culinary delights!

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...