Monday, September 3, 2007

Strange And Sad But True

While laying about, recovering from another glorious Koolerball I was listening to The Ticket when Mike Rhyner mentioned that they were aware of the events of the day and would comment on them tomorrow when they had the time. Well the last time he said something like this was the day of the Oklahoma City bombing. So I immediately brought up Drudge and looked around. There didn't seem to be anything too monumental that needed commenting. Well, maybe the meant the Wade Wilson imbroglio. Then I went over to Dallas News and was shocked and saddened by this headline:

Carter Albrecht, musician with Sorta, New Bohemians, dies in shooting

For those who don't know, Sorta is my favorite local band. I had just recently seen them at Gezellig and their songs are in heavy rotation on my iPod.

This is just another blasted reminder that life can be one capricious sonofabitch. And I don't like that. So cut that shit out.

The Dallas Observer also has the story and this.

How bloggy of me. And probably a bit cathartic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...