Monday, January 21, 2008

King Wally's Amazing Technicolor Ankle

What a shitty week.
Tuesday morning I woke up with the flu. For much of Wednesday and Thursday all I would do is sleep, wake up, take another shot of NyQuil and go back to sleep. Finally I started to feel good on Friday. So good, in fact, I finally got around to bottling my second batch of brew.
But then on Saturday -- yet another Winter League Saturday where we had only one sub thanks to the huge lack of commitment from one of our captains -- in the middle of our second game I actually ran. And I was punished handsomely for my showing of effort and hit a horse divot and rolled my left ankle all the way.
After pounding the ground repeatedly and spouting more "Fucks!" since playing on Kip's Winter League team, I limped off the field to polite applause.
I probably did more damage by hanging out at the fields until 10pm. But, hey, I was having fun.

3 comments:

magpie said...

That's gigantic. If you want a referral to an ankle guy, i have a card somewhere.

trent said...

1000 apologies from the uncommitted captain. I hope you feel better

jtingermany said...

I've got your back, King Wally -- I'm teaching everyone I know what "pulling a trent" means on road trips.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...