Friday, January 4, 2008

Job Interview: Data Reference

This morning I had to get up at a decent time for a 8:45 phone interview for a job at Data Reference located Hillcrest and the tollway. The phoner went well so a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the afternoon. So, I suited up and headed for my first dreaded interview.
This was my first job interview in over a decade. Just before the holidays I canceled an face-to-facer with a company in Las Colinas. It didn't sound like my kind of job, and I just wasn't psyched, so I canceled. In retrospect it might have been nice to practice.
I think the interview went well. For the most part I answered all the important questions correctly. Although at one point, on a fairly tricky question, sweat started to form on my forehead.
I guess I know why I haven't been on a World Poker Tour final table now.

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...