Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eating Lakewood: Ali Baba

This is going to be a tough review. In fact, I am pretty much forcing myself to review Ali Baba.

Ok. I admit it. I like to write two types of reviews. I like to either verbally fellate a restaurant for how metaphysically perfect the food is. Or I like to tear a restaurant a third bunghole.

Unfortunately for me, Ali Baba had no discernable flaws. It’s walk able from my house. We got a huge amount of food for a reasonable price and it was all tasty.

Fuckers! I’ve got nothing to bitch about. The staff wasn’t even rude as we stayed well past when they would normally have closed on a weekday night.

If you’re interested we ordered the appetizer sampler, the falafel plate and the grilled lamb plate. All met or exceeded expectations. Although in retrospect, we really didn’t need the sampler since the falafel came with a generous amount of the delicious hummus. One standout was their rice that came with the lamb. Theses long grains of perfection are literally drenched in butter. Since this is Mediterranean food, it must be healthy, right?

OK. I do have one complaint. This place has a lunch buffet and they weren’t open when I was laid off.

How dare they!

A


View Larger Map

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...