Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Summer of Steve: 2009

The holidays have taken their toll on blogging.

Luckily, the new year is a time of reflection and resolution. So I have come up with a number of new features that will both add blog postings, but, more importantly, add to the blogger's betterment. After all, that's what this blog is really about -- forcing me to do quasi-interesting things and reporting on them.

These new features are:

  1. Steve's Dusty Bookshelf -- anyone who has visited the Wallagio will have noticed the dusty bookshelf next to the Jumbotron. And while I have read most of the books on the shelf, there is a regrettably large number of books that have been housed on this shelf for far too long. So, I have selected 12 books that have been the bane of my literary existence for some time. First up will be will be 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck. Since it's about the coming end days, I need to read it sooner rather than later.
  2. Eating Lower Greenville -- there are still a lot of places down there (La Casita, Daddy Jack's Chowder House) that I've yet to step into. So, I will be starting at the lowest of lowest Greenville and work my way up. First up is Dallas Tortilla and Tamale Company. Yes, Trent, that is Greenville and not Munger.
  3. Wally's Week in Review -- Regrettably, there are things that are not completely blogwworth, but contain blogworthy items. This weekly feature appearing each Sunday should remedy some of my life events that don't make the blog.
  4. Hulu Voodoo Review -- There's a lot of great stuff on Hulu. One item in particular is Babylon 5. Since many of you gentle readers enjoy Lost and/or Battlestar Galactica, well this is the show that started the concept of serialized SciFi. Hey, when Hulu gets The Wire, I'll go over each episode. But until that happens you're stuck with Babylon 5.
  5. More of the Same -- I pledge to increase the number of movie, DVD, restaurant, book and recipe reviews beyond the above items. My goal is to have at least one of each each month. I'm also planning more day-trips and other events that force me to use my new camera. Hopefully work will send me to more exotic places as well.
So there you have it, good clean reader. My Five Step Plan to make 2009 the best year yet for the Summer of Steve.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I always wondered about Daddy Jack's. Can't wait for the review. Oh, and I went to the tamale place once. I bought bean tamales and chicken. Not too shabby.
Yay for more blogging. In '09 I resolve to read this frequently and not have marathon readings.

swcook said...

I think what the Summer of Steve really needs is special reports from a Seattle correspondent telling us about the fun stuff she's doing in the greatest city in North America.

Just sayin.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...