Monday, January 12, 2009

Beware the Canadian Honey Crisps

Ordinarily I'm a huge fan of all things Canadia -- Ice Hockey, SCTV, Cobie Smulders. I even worked at a Canadian combany for 10 years. But recently I've found something from Canada that I'm forced to give a resounding thumbs down. And that is their Honey Crisp apples.

Sadly, the Honey Crisps coming out of Washington are long gone. To replace them, Central Market has started selling the lower quality Canadian imports. Unfortunately, while still a good apple, they are not the quintessential experience of the Washington variety.

You've been warned.

5 comments:

magpie said...

Sigh. How about Whole Foods? Perhaps we should go visit Michelle to get proper honey crisps.
oohh...or is it pacific rose time yet?

swcook said...

Yes! But if we go, i'll be far more interested in beer and ski-ball than apples.

magpie said...

obviously, beer and ski-ball always outrank apples. But, I do believe all three can be enjoyed simultaneously.

Michelle said...

You are correct in that assessment! In fact, I bet we could find a apple-esque brew and drink it while playing ski-ball!!

jtingermany said...

I had no idea you guys were so obsessed with apples.

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...