Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Working In SoCal: Day 8

Finally a day off.

And what better way to enjoy a day off than to sleep in -- sweet, glorious sleep.

But the day was not just spent lounging about. Today was the day to perform my California ritual, drive up the Pacific Coast Highway. I started in Newport Beach, home of Balboa Island and the setting for the banana stand of Arrested Development fame. I ended up in Oxnard.

I wish my camera would have arrived earlier so I could have taken pictures. But, again, all I have are memories.

By the way, I've come to the conclusion that southern California only becomes tolerable north of Malibu. There's just too many people. And who needs that?

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...