Sunday, November 2, 2008

Working In SoCal: Day 1 -- I'm That Guy


Have you ever been on a plane, sitting at the gate, waiting for the pushback, wondering what's taking so long. Then some clod come running down the jetway and down the aisle -- searching for a place to stow his several carryons.

Well, that was me today.

I got to the airport in plenty of time and did the self checkin thing. I thought I had requested one checked. Apparently I hadn't. So I waited. And waited. And waited for my name to be called.

Eventually people who checked in well after me were getting called. I guess I had made an error somewhere (senior moment #1). But I barely made my plane.

So I'll be blogging from beautiful Irvine/Santa Ana California for the next two weeks. Beal is looking to buy stuff and I'm here playing tech support guy.

Oh, and I checked into the wrong hotel. Senior moment #2.

1 comment:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...