Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Working In SoCal: Day 10: Best Beer Ever


While in SoCal, I figured I should try to work my way through the beer cool of my nearby Whole Foods. Well, I may have stumbled upon the greatest beer ever -- Stone Vertical Epic.

This is a finely balanced combination of my two favorite kinds of beer, belgian ale and hoppy American northwest ale. In fact, this beer starts out with a delcious taste of Belgian trippel. As good as any Maredsous 10 at Gezelig. And then this wave of northwestern pacific piney hops comes through, but never overpowers.

Go now and get one if you can!

Unfortunately, it appears to be unavailable in Texas.

I will drink one every night until I leave.

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...