Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Beware the Pumpkin Pie

While recovering from yet another drunken Saturday and preparing for what turned out to be a Cowboy asswhipping, I headed to the greatness of Whataburger for my usual hangover cure. As I have been instructed by the commercials on The Ticket, I added a fried pumpkin pie to my order. I ate my burger with the fury of someone who was really hungry and hungover. I then turned to the pumpkin pie, took a bite then threw it away.
I was suspicious of the pie to begin with. You can't fry a pumpkin pie. But it's Whataburger. They know what they're doing. But the pie tasted remarkably like soggy Applejacks. So consider yourself warned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have read this before my breakfast trip for taquitos this morning. Also instructed by the Ticket, I ordered the pumpkin pie. It got me in the mood for Halloween, ( I'm guessing that's why whataburger is trying this) I am just imaging that is what a decaying corpse in a pumpkin patch tastes like.

Big Dave

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...