Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eating Dallas: Dallas Fish Market

 

Synopsis Dallas Fish Market is a seafood oriented (what clued you in??) fine dinning restaurant in the heart of the Dallas’ moribund downtown.  Admittedly, we went on a Sunday.  But the area was deader than a Johnson & Johnson heiress.  What?  Too soon??
Dishes
  • Apps – Raw Blue Point Oysters, Maine Lobster Corn Chowder.   I’m not a huge fan of raw oysters.  I’ve only had them once.  But it was Lidia’s birthday and she wanted them.  So, I had a couple and I can say they were the best raw oysters I’ve ever had.  But I’m still not a fan.  The corn chowder was just about perfect.
  • Mains – Parrot Fish, Black Truffle Wrapped Chilean Sea Bass.  As noted elsewhere on this blog, you can’t really fuck up a sea bass.  It was moist, flaky, perfectly cooked and delicious.  The Parrot Fish (please don’t ask, cause I don’t know) was spectacular.  Lightly pan fried with some kind of rosemary encrustacean (huh?) I could easily eat this all the time right now always. I might have to reassess my Top 10 dishes of the Oughts list.
  • Desserts – Brûlée Figs and Espresso Cheesecake.  The Espresso Cheesecake was good but nothing spectacular.  But the figs were amazing --  a wonderfully unique dessert in which the figs are soaking in a rich caramel sauce.  That description doesn’t do them justice, but it’s the best I can do.
Likes Everything.  The food and service were superb. The staff, knowing that we are sharers, thoughtfully served the lobster corn chowder in separate bowls.
Dislikes Their espresso machine was broken.  That’s totally unacceptable.  How am I supposed to enjoy my dessert without a nice espresso.  What are we, savages????
Conclusion Dallas Fish Market is an excellent seafood restaurant that will more than satisfy any fish based yearnings. And if you go on a Sunday you’ll pretty much have the run of the place.

Regrettably, I visited DFM in 2009 and can’t use it towards my resolution goal.

A


View Eating & Drinking in a larger map

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...