Sunday, March 23, 2008

Eating Plano: The Counter / Eating Dallas: Village Burger Bar

Sometimes the stealer of a concept does a better job than the owner of the original concept.

That appears to be the case with these two upscale burger joints.

Exploring my lunch options at The Shops at Legacy, I discovered The Counter. Upon entering I felt like I had been there before. In fact it seem to be almost the exact same concept as Village Burger Bar in the West Village (which I never got around to reviewing since I ate here before going to see Juno)

Both place feature large gourmet burgers with a variety of gourmey options, fries from both white and sweet potatoes and "onion strings". Also, both places have a full bar for smart cocktails and a good, but typical beer selection.

I found both burgers to be very good. But the Village Burger was juicier and more flavorful. And, while I had the sides at VBB, I had none at The Counter. The sides of VBB weren't that great and like Twisted Root, I would not order them again.

Looking on their respctive websites, it appears that it's actually Village Burger Bar that has stolen (or at least co-invented) the concept. They have the better burger and better atmosphere. And I really enjoyed their ice cold Shiner, which always helps a review.


Village Burger Bar
3699 McKinney Ave C-325, Dallas TX 75204
A

The Counter
5700 Legacy Drive Suite A5 Plano TX 75024
B

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...