Today was to hot (yes actually hot) and hilly for biking. Plus my taint had taken quite a beating from my bike seat the day before. So we drove to Bouzy and visited a couple of houses. And then ended up again in Épernay for a bit of a champagne bar crawl.
Champagne Houses Visited
- Alfred Tritant – another tiny family champagne house. Only the wife speaks English. Very good.
- Jean Vesselle – Another great find. Very nice champagnes. And if you visit soon, a friendly English girl, Flo, will perform your dégustation.
- C.Comme – the better of the two champagne bars on this block. They were remodeling this year, so the selection wasn’t as broad as last year.
- La Cave à Champagnehttp://www.la-cave-a-champagne.com/ – one of my favorite restaurants in the world. And yes a lot of that has to do with where it is and all the champagne I’ve consumed that day. Also some of the best pâte foie gras I’ve ever had.
- La Fine Bulle – An ok champagne bar that only gets our business because the C.Comme closes early.