Sunday, April 20, 2008

Eating Ft. Worth: Kincaid's

I don't usually review places that I've been to before, especially a place that I've been to dozens of times before. But I had heard something terrible about an icon of my youth and Ft. Worth landmark -- Kincaid's.

This blogger had recently made the pilgrimage to Kincaid's and found it average at best. So, I decided to swing by on my way back from my ride in Granbury and give it a try.

Now I should state, that while I have always liked Kincaid's, I've also always thought it was a bit overrated. But I still thought it was a very good burger, deserving of much accolades.

But not anymore.

The article was correct. The meat itself was bland. The bun, "fixins" and bacon that accompanied it were very good. Bit it was largely just pearls on a pig. And I had just had a burger from Snuffers just a few days before. So I had something to compare it to.

I guess instead of swinging by Kincaid's after my next FTW area ride, I'll go to Zeke's, or maybe Lucille's for some lobster bisque, or maybe Angelo's.

Dangit. I'll have to do two 64 mile laps.

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...