Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Daylight Savings Time Day!

Today is one of my favorite non-holiday days of the year – the first day of Daylight Savings Time.  No longer will there be little or no sunlight when I get home from work.

I see on the facebooks many complaints about DST.  To you complainers I say, “Get the fuck over yourselves.”  A few days of sleep adjustment is more than worth the ability to come home after work and actually do something outside. 

Seriously, why do we even need sunlight in the morning?  When I one day become the Padishah Emperor of the the Known Universe, my first decree will be that clocks be adjusted on a monthly basis so that the sun never sets before 9pm.  This may become problematic during the winter months close to the poles.  But people shouldn’t be living in those areas anyway.

1 comment:

magpie said...

I support this. May the sunshine freely throughout this land!!

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...