Towards the end of any walkabout, the energy to crap out these blog postings drops off considerably. So I decided to just dump all of the loose ends from my trip in one gigantic final episode. Regardless of what you think, it will still make far more sense than the Lost finale.
Day 10 Pictures
Post wedding chilling in Seattle and a visit to the Fremont Troll.
Day 12 Pictures
Hiking and Biking around Hood River and a visit to one of my favorite restaurants.
Day 13 Pictures
More Hood Mt area hiking and picture taking.
Best Meals Not Formally Reviewed
- Elliot’s Oyster House (Seattle) – The one place I can’t wait to get back to. Amazing oysters and crab. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable and willing to handhold oyster novices to oyster nirvana.
- Pink Door (Seattle) – This was probably the best overall meal of the entire trip. Excellent food, wine and cocktails and you get a girl on a trapeze.
- Umi (Seattle) – Very good fresh sushi, but the rolls were hit or miss.
- Pok Pok (Portland) - Excellent southeast Asian street food. Don’t fall for the hype of the “award winning” chicken wings.
- Three River’s Grill – The return trip to one of my alltime favorite restaurants. Great food and an even better view of the Columbian River.
View Walkabout 2010 in a larger map
Facebookers can see the pretty pictures here.