Tuesday, November 6, 2007

TSOS Test Kitchen: Indian Spiced Chicken with Indian Spinach with Chickpeas

There's a show of the FoodNetwork HD I Tivo called Pairings with Andrea. She's a sommelier who went to SMU. But despite that she seems to know her shit. Plus she's easy on the eyes. Well this recipe didn't come from her. It came from the show that was on just before hers -- Good Deal with Dave Leiberman.

I had dismissed his show as crap based solely on his Tony Romo-esqe permagrin and that his show always ends with his too cool friends showing up at the end of each episode to taste his offerings. Well these two dishes looked good and I had been wanting to try my hand at something Indian-ish.

I should have trusted my instincts. It's not that these dishes were bad. They were just suprisingly bland. The spinach called for just 1/4 tsp of cayenne. I doubled it and it was still pretty mild. The chicken had no heat to it. I think I may try it again with coconut milk instead of yogurt -- thai it up a bit.

B-

No comments:

Vanabout 2019 Day 28: Aberdeen

Still South Dakota. Found a cute campground that most of the year is a hopping family holiday retreat. But it’s cold and snowy and latish Oc...